Thursday 20 October 2011

Hair and Eyeball

With my model all finished up I still had time to add some extra detail to it. The necessity to the model are eyeballs. It is really strange when you look at model which has empty holes instead of eyes. The eyeballs was quick and easy part. First I created a sphere. I moved and transformed the sphere to fit in the eye socket area. Then I got iris photo from the Internet. I loaded the image as bitmap map to material editor empty slot. Then I applied the new material to the sphere. The uvw map modifier was applied to the sphere. This allowed me to move map gizmo around to position iris in the right place. Then I copied the finished eyeballs for the left side.


The long hair of the head were created using splines. I froze the head model and turned snap to faces tool. Then I started creating lines. These lines are suppose to build the flow of the hair. I started drawing from top hairline to the back of the head. I kept on doing this around the whole head. Then I attached all splines together. While in points sub-object menu I started moving various points away from the head and correct the flow of the lines. Then I applied hair and fur modifier and adjusted the settings to match my preferences. After checking the render I moved some of line points around, changed some more settings and got a decent looking hair.


For the short hair which are next to an ear I decided to use different method. I applied hair and fur modifier to the head model. Then I selected the faces where the hair is going to be placed and updated the selection. After changing settings to hair modifier I switched to style mode. There I managed to change the position and flow of the hair with translate option. Aswell I used same method for my tiny beard. The rotation tool was great help at making the beard to face right direction. Then I used hair cut tool to trim and shape my beard. I found the style hair mode options very useful and easy for changing hair styles.


No comments:

Post a Comment